I have been asked to be the medical director for the Colorado Covid-19 Innovation Response Team setup by Gov. Polis. In the coming days, this team will be introducing a telehealth/telemedicine service providing support to ~800,000 uninsured and under-served Coloradans. Our goal is to provide health services while reducing strain on our healthcare facilities, leaving hospital beds open to the most severely ill.
We urgently need medical professionals and administrators to donate their time to provide these free telehealth visits. This work will be performed entirely from home, primarily via telephone and/or video calls. Callers will provide their symptoms over the phone, and those who need medical attention will be triaged to a queue for telephone-based care.
We are looking for volunteers:
- Medical professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Mental Health professionals)
- Trained administrators (familiar with SOAP notes, triage, scheduling, etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in a second language is highly desirable
- Medical professionals must carry active licenses for their profession (retired professionals can reinstate their licenses pursuant to recently updated DORA regulations)
- Medical professionals must carry malpractice insurance. COPIC will provide malpractice insurance for volunteer physicians (MD and DO).
- Volunteers will need a phone and a computer with internet access
If you have any contacts in the medical community, or know anyone who does, please ask them to pass this form along. Even a few hours a week could make a meaningful difference for the people who need it most.
Please feel free to share this volunteer sign-up link, including on social media: https://bit.ly/39sjGEk
Dr. Josh Emdur, DO